Attorney Robert G. Hinton
Background & Education
Robert was raised in Savannah, Tennessee and is the son of the late Willie Mae and Granville Hinton. His father was a three-term Tennessee State Representative from Hardin and McNairy counties,served as Commissioner of Conservation under Governor Winfield Dunn, was a lobbyist and worked as the Legislative Liaison under Governor Lamar Alexander.
Following in his father’s footsteps, Robert attended the University of North Alabama in Florence from 1978-1980, then graduated with honors from the University of Tennessee in 1982 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business. He was a member of Sigma Chi Fraternity.
He then returned to the University of Tennessee and attended the George C. Taylor School of Law. Robert clerked for the Honorable Thomas G. Hull in the Greenville, Tennessee Federal District Court in 1984. A Dean’s List honoree, he graduated with his Doctorate of Jurisprudence in 1985 at the age of 24.
During Robert’s final year of law school, he interviewed with Lenoir City attorney Harvey Sproul, who gave him an opportunity to work with his law practice. Together, they formed the partnership of Sproul & Hinton in 1988. He later become the managing partner of the firm, as well as the owner of Advantage Title Services of Loudon County, Tennessee, Inc.
After 27 years with Mr. Sproul, Robert went out on his own in May 2012, forming the Hinton Law Firm. The practice is located at 730 Highway 321 North, Suite 104 in Lenoir City, Tennessee.
Robert is married to the former Amy Harrison of Loudon, Tennessee. Together, they have two children; Mary Grace (15) and Granville (12). Robert is an active member of Trinity United Methodist Church in Lenoir City and is the current (2013-2014) Administrative Board Chairman. He has taught Sunday School there since 2000.
American Bar Association (1985 – present)
Tennessee Bar Association (1985 – present)
Knoxville Bar Association (2002 – present)
Loudon County Bar Association (1985 – present); Treasurer (2007-2009); held all offer positions, including serving twice as President
Former Memberships: Tennessee Trial Lawyers; Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers; and American Trial Lawyers Association
Hinton Law Firm strives to be responsive to the needs of a wide variety of clients with an even wider variety of needs. Counsel has accumulated over 27 years’ experience in family law and general litigation and is thoroughly familiar with the systems and processes in our community. While not an exhaustive list, below are some of the practice areas most commonly sought:
- Dispute resolution
- Child support
- Advance care directives
- Financial powers of attorney
- Tax planning/gifting
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 13
- Creditor representation
- Title work
- Survey review/descriptions
- Boundary disputes
- Appearances before Zoning Boards
- Incorporation & Limited Liability Companies
- Tax planning
- Contracts & leases
- Transactional work
- Member, Lenoir City Civitan Club (1986-present); President (1989)
- Member, Loudon County Chamber of Commerce; Board Member (1992-2006); Chairman (2000)
- Board Member, Loudon County Education Foundation (1998-2009); Charter Organizational Counsel (1998); Chairman (2001)
- Board Member, Lenoir City Committee of 100 (2004 – present)
- Nominee, East Tennessee Volunteer of the Year (1999)
- Charter Class, Leadership Loudon County (1998)
- City of Lenoir City Beautification Committee
- Board Member, Loudon County Habitat for Humanity (2010-2012)
- Tellico Village property owner since 1986
- TVPOA committee service, including Recreation Committee and Advisory Committee
- Organizational Counsel, T-BART
- Legal Counsel, Friends of Tellico Village Library
- Legal Counsel, Tellico Village Volunteer Firefighters
- Prior Tellico Village representation includes Lakeside Plaza, Inc. and The Neighborhood at Tellico Village
- HYATT Legal Plan, representing employees of ORNL, Newell Rubbermaid, Lowes and Department of Energy.
Hinton Law Firm
730 Hwy. 321 N., Ste. 104
Lenoir City, TN 37771
P.O. Box 567
Lenoir City, TN 37771
Phone: (865) 816-6700
Fax: (865) 816-6505